Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Group Project post

I'll be working on the group project with Kelly and Brian. Although I missed class last week, I did email Kelly to see what we had due for this week, as she and I had already discussed working together on the group project. She let me know that we had set up the groups, and that she and Brian had discussed using the Center for History and New Media archives to do a project involving our remembrances of 9/11. I think this is a great idea, and have been considering what I would want to include from my personal experiences, as well as exploring some of the media available on the archives to see what would fit in best.

When 9/11 happened, I was living in Arlington, at the River House Apartments-- about as close as you could get to the Pentagon without actually living at the Pentagon. My 9th floor apartment overlooked the Pentagon, in fact. I found some photos that I took from the roof of my building and from my window on 9/11 that I think could be useful for this project, so I'd also like to include those. Some sort of a slideshow with text of our memories accompanying a set of images might be a good way to approach this project.

No comments: